I offer a second opinion assessment of your financial advisor that is understandable, unbiased, and trustworthy.
From this service, you will specifically learn:
1. How — and how much — you pay your advisor and incur in other expenses
- Does the fee structure align the advisor’s financial interests with yours?
- Are the fees reasonable and transparent?
- Are other fees minimized?
2. If you should trust your advisor
- Does the advisor act as a fiduciary?
- Has the advisor had any disciplinary proceedings initiated against her/him?
3. If your advisor has financial expertise
- Is the advisor’s financial background and training appropriate for your needs?
- Does the advisor have relevant credentials such as a CFP (certified financial planner)?
- Does your advisor offer expertise on other personal finance topics such as Social Security, annuities, mortgages, or college financing?
4. If your asset allocation and investment strategy are optimal
- How does the advisor determine your asset allocation?
- How does the advisor implement this strategy?
- Does the advisor minimize your investment taxes and expenses?
- Does the advisor compare your investment performance to a relevant benchmark?
The result of this assessment is that you will have a clear understanding about your advisor’s expertise, trustworthiness, and all of the fees and hidden expenses that you may incur.
The fee for this service is $500 and includes 60 days of follow-up and financial planning guidance. I guarantee to save you at least double the fee in reduced investment expenses (every year). If not, there is no charge for the service. I do not receive compensation or incentives from other sources.
If you’d like help in assessing an existing financial advisor or selecting a new one, get in touch.