Upcoming Personal Finance Classes
Do your personal finances need a booster shot? Do you want to improve your financial resiliency?
I offer classes on personal finance at the Cambridge Center for Adult Education. I teach them virtually via a Zoom connection so you can attend from anywhere. They are the following:
Saving for Retirement
This class is for adults of all ages who want to learn how to achieve a financially secure retirement.
You will learn about:
- different retirement plan structures (401ks and IRAs, Roth versus Traditional)
- different saving and spending strategies and how much you need to save
- how and where to invest your savings and the importance of minimizing fees
- understanding investment strategy, asset allocation, and risk
- Social Security
Teaching Your Children Financial Literacy
This class is for parents who want to learn how to develop their teenage and pre-teen children’s financial literacy.
You will learn how to guide your kids to:
- create good spending and saving habits
- responsibly manage credit cards and student loans
- work with a bank account and debit card
- save in a Roth IRA when they have earned income
Lastly, we’ll discuss how to talk with your kids about money.
Spending, Saving, and Budgeting
This class is for anyone who wants to learn to save more, spend less, and improve your financial decision-making skills.
You will learn how to:
- develop healthy and sustainable spending and saving strategies
- create and sustain a budget
- save for retirement
- mix love and money
- determine how much insurance you need
- understand financial institutions
If you’d like any more information about any of these classes, get in touch.